The Universal Terms of Service Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the Site and the Services. This Hosting Service Agreement this (“Service Agreement”) governs your use of Thisismy.ca’s Hosting services “Hosting Services”). Capitalized terms used in this Service Agreement, but not defined are defined in the Agreement.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
- Web Hosting: Web Hosting plans place your site within one or more servers. Resources are shared between many customers on the same servers; however, your site is given a unique address (DNS)
- Managed Support: Managed Support plans are monthly subscription plans that provide you with root/administrative access to the service and Plesk or cPanel. We handle core patching, security, monitoring and backups. Additional configurations and installations can be performed for an additional fee
- Hosting Backup: Hosting backup and restore services saves all your website files to the cloud once per day. These backup and restore services are available with website hosting plans and may be available for an additional fee with our other hosting service plans. For hosting backup services available as part of a Hosting subscription plan, those services will be canceled if the Hosting subscription plan is canceled.
- Termination of Hosting Services: You acknowledge and agree that upon expiration or termination of your Hosting Services, you must discontinue use of the Hosting Services and relinquish use of the IP addresses and server names assigned to you in connection with Hosting Services, including pointing the domain name system (“DNS”) for your domain name(s) away from our servers. Prior to termination of the Hosting Services, we will provide you with a backup of your files that you can download for up to 30 days after termination. We will not transfer or FTP your website or server content to another provider. If you fail to download your website after 30 days we will delete all such content and we will not be able to provide a copy of such content.
- Free Products Credits: Upon termination of the Hosting Services, all free products provided as part of the Hosting Services will be cancelled or revoked.
- Storage Capacity: The total amount of usable storage capacity for your particular Hosting Service(s) may differ from the represented capacity, as there is required space for the operating system(s), system file(s), and other supporting file(s).
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS; REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Justification. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right to seek justification in connection with your use of the Hosting Services, specifically your purchase of IP addresses, and you shall be obligated to provide any and all information reasonably sought by us pursuant to such justification. In connection with such purchase, you acknowledge and agree that your name and justification may be disclosed to certain registries including, but not limited to, the American Registry of Internet Numbers, in accordance with policies promulgated by any and all such registries and such information may be displayed publicly on the Whois database.
- Abusive Activities and Other Threats. You acknowledge and agree that you may not use our servers and your website as a source, intermediary, reply to address, or destination address for mail bombs, Internet packet flooding, packet corruption, denial of service, or other abusive activities that threaten the stability of our network or will damage the systems of, or cause a disruption of internet services to, Thisismy.ca, our customers, or third-parties. Server hacking or other perpetration of security breaches is prohibited and we reserve the right to remove sites containing information about hacking or links to such information. Use of your website as an anonymous gateway is prohibited. We prohibit the use of software or scripts run on our servers that cause the server to load beyond a reasonable level, as determined by us. You agree that we reserve the right to remove your website temporarily or permanently from our servers if you are in violation of this Service Agreement and/or there are activities that threaten the stability of our network. You acknowledge and agree that all websites associated with your hosting account may be removed if one website is in violation of this Service Agreement. You further acknowledge and agree that Thisismy.ca reserves the right to scan your hosted account for malicious content (e.g., malware), and that, in the event any such content is discovered, it may be removed in Thisismy.ca’s discretion for security purposes.
- Storage and Security. You shall be solely responsible for undertaking measures to: (1) prevent any loss or damage to your website or server content; (2) maintain independent archival and backup copies of your website or server content; and (3) ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of all your website or server content transmitted through or stored on our servers.
Our servers are not an archive and we shall have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage or destruction of any of your content. The Hosting Services are not intended to provide a PCI (Payment Card Industry) or HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant environment and therefore should not be used or considered as one. You shall not use the Service in any way, in our sole discretion, that shall impair the functioning or operation of our services or equipment. Specifically by way of example and not as a limitation, you shall not use the Hosting Services as: (1) a repository or instrument for placing or storing archived files; and/or (2) placing or storing material that can be downloaded through other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right to carry out a forensic examination in the event of a compromise to your server or account.
- Website/Server Content. You shall be solely responsible for providing, updating, uploading and maintaining your website or server and any and all files, pages, data, works, information and/or materials on, within, displayed, linked or transmitted to, from or through your website or server including, but not limited to, trade or service marks, images, photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, email or other messages, meta tags, domain names, software and text. You acknowledge and agree that in the course of providing you with technical assistance, it may be necessary for our support staff to modify, alter or remove the content of your hosted product. Your website or server content shall also include any registered domain names provided by you or registered on behalf of you in connection with the Hosting Services.
If access to a third-party hosting website is required in the provision of any Service, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide us with access to the third-party hosting account for the purposes of this Service Agreement. You agree that you retain sole contractual and any other legal or fiduciary responsibilities related to your third-party hosting account.
If you request that we install any Third Party Software (defined below) not provided as part of the Hosting Services, you represent and warrant that (1) you have the right to use and install the Third Party Software, (2) you have paid the applicable licensing fees for the Third Party Software, and (3) the Third Party Software does not and shall not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Website/Server Content. Your website may not include any of the following content: (1) image hosting scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload an image for display on another website (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic); (2) banner ad services for display on other websites or devices (commercial banner ad rotation); (3) file dump/mirror scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload a file for other to download (similar to rapidshare); (4) commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams); (5) push button mail scripts that allow the user to specify recipient email addresses; (6) anonymous or bulk SMS gateways; (7) backups of content from another computer or website; (8) Bittorrent trackers; or (9) any script that causes a degradation in the performance of our server or network environment.
- SERVICE UPTIME GUARANTEE
We offer a Service uptime guarantee of 99.9% (“Service Uptime Guarantee”) of available time per month. The Service Uptime Guarantee does not apply to service interruptions caused by: (1) periodic scheduled maintenance or repairs we may undertake from time to time; (2) interruptions caused by you from custom scripting, coding or the installation of third-party applications; (3) outages that do not affect the appearance of your website but merely affect access to your website such as FTP and email; (4) causes beyond our control or that are not reasonably foreseeable; and (5) outages related to the reliability of certain programming environments.
- THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
- Definition and Scope. As part of the Hosting Services, you may be allowed to use certain software, widgets, or other applications (“Software”) developed, owned, or licensed by a third-party. Your use of this Software may be subject to additional terms. If the Software is accompanied by or requires a license agreement from the third-party provider, your use of the Software is subject to that license agreement, in addition to this Service Agreement.
- Terms and Conditions Applicable to all Software and Operating Software. You may use the Software and Operating Software solely as part of the Services. You may not remove, modify, or obscure any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in or on the Software. Additionally, you may not sell, modify, re-use reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, create derivative works of or attempt to derive the source code from the Software.
Thisismy.ca may provide your personal information to third-party providers as required to provide the third-party Software. Thisismy.ca reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue provision of the Software at any time.
Thisismy.ca makes no representations or warranties about any third-party Software offered in connection with the Hosting Services, and expressly disclaims any liability.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Thisismy.ca from and against any and all claims imposed upon or incurred by Thisismy.ca directly or indirectly arising from your use or misuse of the third-party Software. The providers of the third-party Software are third-party beneficiaries to this Services Agreement for purposes of enforcing their rights under this Services Agreement.
The Hosting Services may be operated in both Linux® and Windows® environments. Each time you commission a server, we will provision the server with the operating system you choose.
We reserve the right to modify, change, or discontinue any Third-Party Software at any time, and you agree to cooperate in performing such steps as may be necessary to install any updates to the Third-Party Software. The Third-Party Software is neither sold nor distributed to you, and you may use the Third-Party Software solely as part of the Hosting Services. You may not use the Third-Party Software outside of the Hosting Services. We may provide your personal information to third-party providers as required to provide the Third-Party Software. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Third-Party Software is subject to our agreement(s) with the third-party providers. In addition, if the Third-Party Software is accompanied by or requires consent to a service or license agreement from the third-party provider, your use of the Third-Party Software is subject to such service or license agreement. You may not download, install, or use any Third-Party Software that is accompanied by or requires consent to a service or license agreement from a third-party provider unless you first agree to the terms and conditions of such service or license agreement. You may not remove, modify, or obscure any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that are contained in or on the Third-Party Software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Third-Party Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that the third-party providers (and their affiliates and suppliers) make no representations or warranties about any Third-Party Software offered in connection with the Hosting Services, and expressly disclaim any liability or damages (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) arising from the use of the Third-Party Software. You acknowledge and agree that any Third-Party Software will be supported by us and not by the third-party providers (or their affiliates or suppliers).
- Additional Terms and Conditions Applicable to images and Software. The third-party providers listed in this section make no representations or warranties about any Software offered in connection with the Hosting Services, and expressly disclaim any liability or damages (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) arising from the use of the Software.
You are responsible for managing and maintaining in good standing any paid subscription and/or account required with a third-party provider. You must cancel or terminate your paid subscription and/or account with the applicable third-party provider and not Thisismy.ca.
Regarding this Section “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or, to the extent applicable under Applicable Laws, a household; an identifiable person is one who can be defined, directly or indirectly, notably but not limited to by reference to a user identification or unique identifier, such as name, identification number, precise geo-location data, online user identification, or by reference to one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, economic, cultural, or social identity. “Personal Data” does not include aggregated, anonymous, or de-identified data, such as Usage Data. “Usage Data” as used herein means any and all information reflecting the access or use of the Hosting Services by or on your behalf, including, but not limited to visit-, session-, steam-data and statistical or other analysis, information or data based on or derived from any of the foregoing. You acknowledge and agree that you have no rights to Usage Data. , as such terms are defined by Applicable Laws.
Any use of any Hosting Services involving Thisismy.ca’s Dedicated Servers running on the DED4 Platform that involves You storing specially protected data is subject to the following additional terms:
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any unencrypted Protected Health Information, as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) (“PHI”);
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any encrypted PHI unless the Parties have entered into a mutually acceptable Business Associate Agreement (“BAA”) in accordance with HIPAA;
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any unencrypted Personal Data subject to regulatory protection under Applicable Laws of the United States federal, state, or local governmental authorities; and
- You will not submit through the Hosting Services any encrypted Personal Data without providing prior notice and obtaining prior consent from the data subject, as required by Applicable Law.